View Single Post
Old 10-24-04, 02:59 AM
Maniac

jimmytheg has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

On a side note, here are my top picks for week 7, if anyone cares:

Tease:
Philly from -7 down to -1 against the Browns with the Dolphins + 6 to +12 at home against the Rams

Reasoning: Most people think this is an automatic win for the Rams, and would think this is a crazy bet...always a good sign. There's a reason bookies buy new cars every year. This is a classic let-down game for the Rams. One of the keys to not falling into the let down game trap in this league is coaching...and Mike Martz doesnt impress me. It seems to me that Martz will only get smart when the press is on him after a loss...and they are riding high this week after two solid wins, so Martz should probably be back in his "I'm a genius, let's make crazy calls" attitude yet again. The key to this game for Miami will be turnovers. The defense is just as good as it always has been, with good shutdown corners, and throughout his short career, Bulger has not proven he is capable of finding his 3rd and 4th recievers...this is where most of his picks come from. Giving the Miami offense consistently good field position could lead to an out-right win in this game. On the flip side, the Rams defense is very weak against the run, and Sammy Morris is a big punishing back who can move the chains, and move the clock.

Like i said in an earlier post, I'm riding Philly till the buck me.

This was a long post, so i'll bust out another one for other picks