The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-05, 08:26 PM
Donkey

humpty99 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I think everyone is correct in saying that being first in is ideal, but in this circumstance it is kind of difficult to do. I play these things all the time (not turbo, but SNG), and someone is raising every single pot by this point. So really, the only time you can move is left of BB, and then you have to worry about 4 other people and there is always someone who THINKS they have a great hand. Reraising with KJ is in a definate gray area in this spot, but you have to also take into consideration that you may not see anything better in a more promising situation. You may have a more suitable situation, but horrible cards, and still not enough to really make anyone fold. One or two more rounds of blinds, and your dead without luck anyways. Not saying it is a good or bad play (i am kind of on the fence), but definately may be the only chance you have at that point. Also, just a side note..... I have played a FEW turbos, and people raise with just about anything, especially if they are the big stack and folded to on the button.