The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > More things Poker > Beats and Brags
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-07, 11:07 AM
Professional Amateur

Invigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points
Default Brag: Live Read

I was playing in my 5 cent 10 cent home game last night with a few people that I have been playing with for 2 years now.

I was in the BB and the SB, a solid player makes it 40 cents to go. I called so fast I basically beat him into the pot. (this was just to get a reaction from him. I had Ad5d).

The flop came down 2 5 10 rainbow, and he came out firing. I have seen this guy play big hands fast and slow, but something told me he missed the flop. I raised him and he reraised me. Something in his body langauge told me did not have a hand. I called.

The turn was a 7 and he checked. I should have bet here but we'd been drinking and I was having fun messing with him, so I smaled and checked behind him. The river was a Q; he fired out about half the pot.

**I don't think I could describe the way he normally acts, but I knew something was off. I counted out the chips, looked at him and said "the only reason I am calling is because I don't think you have anything."

He turned over AK and my 5's took the pot. The table went nuts and all hell broke loose after that, but I couldn't get any more action from that guy.

Small stakes, not played great, but I fealt really good about making the read and acting on it. (I really felt like it was a 'read', not just a 'hope')