The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-07, 02:01 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default TP's 2 minutes of fame - 2006 WSOP...

These clips are from the poker documentary, . It's honestly the best poker film I've seen yet, really capturing the excitement (and disappointment) surrounding the WSOP. You can "buy" your very own copy for 1500 points in the .

If you'd like to go back in time and relive the whole experience from my point of view, check out my . It's long, but there is lots of good stuff in there. There is also a thread that has the - that's right, I was THE short stack entering Day 2. Woot.

Anyhoo, here is the entire Chapter 9 from the DVD (there are a few shots of me early, and then my big scene is about 5 minutes into it):

For those who want to skip straight to the big hand, here it is... I raised (to 15k, I believe) preflop from UTG with AK and Fabrice immediately moved all in (for about 100k more) from the SB. We were down to 11 players, and while I had him covered (I had another 150k or so behind), I was in prettyu good shape and his raise represented a lot of my stack. I was all but certain that it was a race situation - After he asked if I had TT, I put him on exactly JJ, as you will see. I then asked him if he'd push in with AQ, since that's the only hand I'd want to see him turn over if I called, and I decided he didn't by his reaction. I opted to fold and not gamble for so much of my stack, really hoping I was right and Fabrice wouldn't show me AK... Sure enough, he had JJ.

In hindsight, I'm still not sure if this is a spot where I should have gone for it or not. I was playing great poker and felt I had an edge over the remaining field, so I chose to wait for a better spot... Meh. No regrets. Well, not about that hand, anyway. Conversely, from later in the tourney still haunts me. Oh, what could have been.........

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker