The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > More things Poker > Beats and Brags
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-05, 04:18 PM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points
Default Does this happen to everyone?

If so how the hell do you beat low limit games?

This just happened at Full Tilt so I don't have hand histories but the following is a good example of what happens when I get near a ring game. I re-read "Winning Low Limit Hold Em" after a tough run in MTT's and SNG's thinking this had to be a way to build up some cash and sat down determined to play perfectly and not give away even half a bet in the SB.

Second hand and I posted when I sat down so I am not the SB but three off the button and I get QQ, I raise get like 6 callers and flop comes TJK rainbow and it checks to me so I bet to see where I am and I do have a str8 draw, two callers, 3 on the turn so I bet again and same two people call, river is a Q, probably one of the last cards I want to see. First guy bets, second raises and I have to muck my useless set of Q's. These two idiots cap the river so they cam pay as much rake as possible and turn over A7 and A6 to split with str8's.

These two idiots didn't know it but they had exactly two outs going to the turn and river and I am sure by someone's math somewhere they were correct to call, blah...

4 hand later I get 88 and limp in with 30 or 40 other people and flop 78J, I bet out and get two callers, long story short guy with KQh called to the river and caught runner-runner for a flush.

Very next hand I get QQ and am not detered!! Guess the flop?!!? Q72, this time I only get one caller the whole way with 5-6d and of course he gets 8-9 on turn and river for a straight.

That was a quick $50, well not the entire $50, I left while the leaving was good.

The above is absolutly true and just happened, I know, I konw, these are the people who make playing profitabe, whatever.