The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > More things Poker > Beats and Brags
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-04, 01:23 PM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points
Default No matter how many times it happens.....

Those one-outers still hurt like hell.

Playing in a tournamnet at Pokerroom yesterday we are down to 26 players and I have a bit less than average, but nowhere near what the leaders have and I am the type to try to get chips or go bust at this point as limping to the money is not my style. Blinds at 150/300, guy to my right makes it 900 and I have about 3700 with AsKs and figure there is now 1350 in the pot and I sure could use it so I push my stack in and it folds around to the raiser who thinks a while and finally calls. I am not looking to argue about my play on this hand, like I said I was in a position to double up or go broke, I hate to just bleed to death and a call was a horrible play IMO, anyway he turns over 2 red 7's, not the worst call I have seen, but he did risk a little over half his stack with them. The flop is Kd Ts 3s giving me top pair and flush draw, the turn is 6d, this now leaves our hero with exactly one out the way I see it since he has the red 7's the only thing he can catch is another 7 to beat me and it can't be the 7s because I then make a flush. Sure enough 7c on the river. It's not the first time I have been beaten by a 1-outer, but it hurts just the same everytime.
Old 12-01-04, 03:13 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

ouch, one outers do definatly hurt...i got hit by a one outer yesterday to CRIPPLE my chip stack. i really really really hate one outers.
Closed Thread