The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-06, 01:54 AM
Shark

Akverno has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsAkverno has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsAkverno has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default Might take a break

Just had my biggest tourney win ever. Took down 4th in a 20+2 HU tourney for a little over four hundred. Normally these things end with me complaining that I was unlucky. He just happened to flop a boat to best my turned straight. He wasn't a great player, just had me beat in that hand and I shouldn't have pushed it as hard as I did.

I'm not posting to brag, but it seems like poker is losing it's thrill to me. I'm in the middle of a really really hot streak. I deposited like fifty bucks a couple of months back and a $20 tourney was within bankroll management. To start off with I had to play out of my bankroll a bit, now I don't need to.

Even when I'm winning, or losing for that matter, it's starting to feel like a bit of a grind. I was wondering if anyone else ever had a problem with that? I've been working a ton and usually I play poker to have fun, don't take it too seriously, but these days I just feel burnt out. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing that I've honestly quit caring the outcome. On the eve of my biggest tourney win, a tournament in which I played spectacular, I'm debating taking a break for a while and stepping away from poker.

I was wondering if the guys that play a lot and generally do well ever have a problem with this. I'm winning enough money that it's cool, but not enough to make a difference in anything so all the time I spend playing poker feels like a waste.

I'm not good enough in cash games to make a real profit, I can grind out some low level six max, but it gets to be quite repetetive and boring.

It really doesn't help that my days off are screwed because stars does their tournament server reset and I have trouble finding decent games at night.

As it stands I'll probably play some more and see if anything changes, but I don't think I'll be playing nearly as much (I'm really close to Silverstar VIP playing two tables of .5/1 six max for maybe eight hours a week).

Anyone have any tips on how I can become interested in poker again?