The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-06, 04:16 PM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Done for awhile

Ok well I have said this before but I mean it this time. Im done with online poker for awhile. I dont feel that I'am a bad player I can win I have done it numerous times but the problem I have is bankroll managment.

Basicly I buit my $1400 to around $4500 then played well above where I should of been, was being a donkey and lost $3500. I took my remaining money out and bought something nice for myself so I can say I at least got something for all that I spent. Now I know im not ahead by any means but at least I walked away with something.

Im also not saying I will never play again but I wont be playing for a little while at least. At least 4-6 months.

I have the same problem tons of people have which is they take one bad beat then go on a massive tilt and lose the rest. I'am just glad I got away from it before blowing my last $1000. Now I made all this off $100 tourney in Atlantic City but in my eyes I still lost $4500 of my money.

I'am not writing this to try to get attention or something I just wanted to let you all know why I wont be around that much. I will still check in the general section but I kinda want to stay away from poker talk for awhile. I really want to thank every single person that is part of this community. You all have been great over last 2 years or so I have been on here.

TP, you have done a hell of a job with this forum, thanks for letting me be a part of it. Not saying bye just want to thank the people that have supported me and also have been honest with me. I think it is possible I can be a winning player but without basic bankroll managment skills I will never be winning player. That goes for anyone that plays poker, you HAVE to have these basic skills or you will never be winning player.

So right now have $0 online and will not have any online for awhile, I might play some freerolls from time to time but wont be playing real money in awhile and WHEN/IF I come back to poker I will not be taking it serious. My goal will not be to make alot of money playing my goal will be to have fun.

thanks everyone for everything .....

Brian