The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-06, 11:06 AM
Fish

mrpotto has between -10 and 0 Rep Points
Smile Reloaded-update on me

As you may recall, I posted a while ago whining about having busted my bankroll. At the time, I also expressed some concerns about how much time I was spending playing on-line poker coupled with my natural degenerate gambling tendencies . Here's an update. I took a few weeks off - it wasn't that tough and have since reloaded $100 on pp. So far - so good. My bankroll is up to around $600 and I've played within myself. Previously I had been a limit player with not very good results. This time I've focused on .25/.5 NLHE and $11 sit n gos. I'm doing much better at the sit n gos (net winnings of 350 in 23 sit n gos plus $100 net from a 50 person MTT vs. net winnings of only $50 in cash games). So far I've avoided temptation to move up to $22 sit n gos. And I'm obviously still figuring out the cash games which I enjoy (I know I need to get better here) but I was able to clear my 500 raked hands to get my $50 PP bonus without busting my bankroll. I find that I may be better suited for NL since I have a naturally agressive style that I wasn't able to fully capitalize on with low limit poker.
I've also avoided the temptation to load the software onto my work pc so I've been able to stay productive at work. So I'm cautiously optimistic here.

Just an update--comments welcome.

Chris