The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-06, 01:55 AM
Rock

ashmc2 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsashmc2 has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Help me out of this rut.

To start, I’d like to say I’m new to the forum. This is my inaugural post and would appreciate any and all advice.

I am in a rut and I can’t seem to get out.

I’ll explain my dilemma, but first, a little background history.

I started playing about 2 1/2 years ago. I started in free $ at True poker for 6 months or so. And like most starting out, I played everything down to Jx suited and every 3 spaced suited connecter. Then, my first poker epiphany; there was something called strategy. lol. I read Hellmuth’s book and found Ultimate Bet and get this, a tighter No limit game. I started on UB in free $ and stayed there until I got sick of listening to the little run-mouths that get on at 3:30pm. You know to whom I refer to. The 13 year olds that just got home from school and are getting a good jumpstart at a chair at gambler’s anonymous. I talked the ol’ lady into $25 bucks. I made it about 4 months on the .01/.02 tables. I bought back on for another $25. I made it only a month. I took 6 months off. I dropped a fifty into my depleted account. Slowly I dwindled this bankroll down to $9 and decided I needed a new angle. I started a poker journal and started tracking what I lost on and what I won with. I made it back up to $30. I started reading everything I could get my greedy little hands on. I began to grow as a player. I got $50 and started playing 3 tables at a time. Went up to the .05/.10 tables at $100. At $150 I moved up to the .10/.25 stakes. I’ve been at the $180 - $210 range for over 3 months now. I live there. Back and forth. It’s driving me batty. I’ve been as high as $225 for a few days, and no lower than $182. which sadly is where I’m currently at.
I read every strategy article I can find on the Internet. I incorporate some of these into my game to help me become a more rounded player. Yet I seem to be at a poker standstill. It almost seems the more info I digest the worse I get. I am a semi-tight/aggressive player.

I know this quite vague and very general. But if anyone has any suggestions, drop them on me.
PS. My cash games are going real well. It’s just a weird online rut.