The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-06, 09:51 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Bahamas - WPT PCA...

Hey gang...

Well, we're here (me and bdawg), so I figured I'd make a sticky thread for our updates. By "our," I of course mean "my."

This place is amazing. There wasn't much daylight left when I got here, but from what I saw, I'm amazed. The aquariums everywhere are increadible. Our room is one of the "sucky" ones, and it's pretty nice... huge too.

My flight was interesting, to say the least. I go to the airport a little over an hour before my flight, but because I was flying internationally, I got SCREWED. I couldn't check in at the kiosks, they pointed me to the wrong "short" line, and after I got through that, they told me I had to go stand in the 150 person or so huge line. No way was I going to make it. I chatted with an airline guy towards the back of the line, and he was nice enough to take me to the first class line, so I made it in time. I slipped him a $5 on the way to the gate. I know, I'm such a high roller.

Got to the waiting area and saw that Hoyt Corkins was going to be on my plane. Oh, and some other Ivey guy. Yup, that's the one. He had a WICKED laptop on his lap, and I couldn't resist, so I went to the row behind him and sat down. He was playing two tables at Full Tilt (with the Phil Ivey icon in front of him!) and one table at UB. I didn't watch or get close enough to see his UB screen name - didn't want to be annoying. But it was without a doubt the baddest laptop I've ever seen.

The flight was cool. In 5 minutes, we were almost to the coast, with KSC to my left and my house to my right. Pretty sweet view. I got friendly with the couple sitting in my aisle (Dean and Kim), and before I knew it, they offered me a ride to Atlantis in their limo. Um.... ok

Got here and hiked to the check in area, and bumped into bdawg before I even got through the line. We went and enjoyed a $50 buffet for dinner (included in his package, of course), and WHAT A BUFFET! Did I mention that they had a freaking chocolate fountain???

After that, we bumped into our friends from Aruba - the Stolzman's - and the four of us went to the welcome party. We get split up, but I bumped into my boy P0ker H0 and a number of other familiar faces (and some pros, of course).

Oh, I forgot to mention, I chatted with Hoyt on the way to baggage claim for a few minutes, mostly about Hellmuth and the TOC. hehe...

The poker room opened up at about 8:30 (they don't usualy have poker here - it's only for this), and bdawg andI played in a $100 SNG to get things started. I ended up busting out in the middle of the pack when my AQs ran into KK (from a guy who had reraised all in successfully twice already). bdawg is still in it. I've got 20% of him, so he's a lock to cash

That's all for now. bdawg plays in Flight 1 (tomorrow). I'll be playing in the $300 side tourney tomorrow night.

P.S. Sorry if I have more typos than usual - I hate typing on my laptop.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker