The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > Admin > TP Suggestions/Problems
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-06, 04:16 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default User Reputation...

Today starts a new year, so I thought this would be a good time to add a new feature to TP.com: User Reputation.

I'm honestly not exactly sure how it works, but in theory, after a while, you will be able to tell what other people think of certain posters based on a little green bar in the header of each of their posts.

There are rules and limits and different users have different power (based on time being a member, post count, their own reputation, etc, etc), but basically, all you have to do is click on the little scale looking thing at the top of a person's posts. You won't want to use this for EVERY post you read (I think you can only do 10 per day), but if a post is exceptionally good, you should click on it and say that you "Approve" of it. If it's exceptionally bad or annoying, you should click and say that you "Disapprove" of it. It's that simple.

In time, the results might be useful.

If anyone has an experience with this elsewhere or any suggestions (I can tweak all sorts of things, including the stupid default titles for each level), speak up.

If this turns out to be stupid, I'll turn it back off, but let's give it a whirl for January and see if we think it might end up being useful.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker