The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-05, 04:38 PM
Calling Station

robthedlphin has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default My problem with Multi-tabling

I'm sure I'll get slammed for this, but I want to offer up my opinion about multi-tabling online.
First, I understand the advantages of doing it. If your performance at each table is 75% of playing only one table, your still making 50% more by being at that second table. You get to play more hands, and I'm sure it is much more exciting than only playing 1 table.
But this is my opinion: Multi-tabling online is analogous to sitting down at a live game, flipping out your cell phone, and talking on it during the whole game.
I can sometimes tell when someone is doing this because they get very distracted. they take long amounts of time to bet--sometimes taking the whole betting period until they are auto-folded, then coming back to the table 2 seconds later, only to do it again. When this happens I'll go to the lobby to take a look and what do you know! There's this person at 2 other tables!
I want to get as many hands in per hour as possible at one table. I consider it very rude to take up my time, then be auto folded after 30 seconds-1 minute are up. The bottom line is those who do this cost me money.
Opinions?