The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-07, 12:14 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Poker and Me - The Decision...

So, I've done some thinking about all of over the past couple of weeks and while I haven't made a final decision, I definitely am leaning in one direction... a hopefully happy compromise direction.

I don't have any set numbers in mind yet, but right now, I'm leaning towards cashing out most of my online bankroll. I'll leave myself $x and force myself to move way down in stakes (probably to $1/$2 NL). I'm going to try to make poker fun again. Rather than focus on just one type of game, like 6 max NL, for example, I'm going to play that, plus HU SNGs, plus MTTs, HU cash games, and so on. It's going to feel weird for me to move down in stakes/buy ins for all of those too, but I don't want to have to redeposit, so I'm going to have to figure it out and come up with some bankroll guidelines. This shouldn't be too difficult.

I may even venture out into some very low limit non-hold'em poker games and I'd definitely like to play more fun tourneys and low buy in stuff with you guys. Looking back, I can honestly say that our TP games have been some of the most fun I've had playing poker online.

Also, cashing out poker profits always makes me feel good about poker again, because rather than looking at digital chips, I can look at actual dollars and spend those actual dollars on actual things.... you know, like the timeshare I bought last week. It would be way cool for poker to chip in and help out with that purchase a bit, ya know?

So........... what does this mean for those of you who have cared enough to read this far? Well, rather than cash out x thousand dollars, I figured I could help out my fellow TP members with some transfers first. You send me a cashier's check or money order or whatever, and as soon as it clears my bank account and I know it's good, I'd be happy to transfer some money into the account of your choice for you. I currently have money on 4 sites, but would prefer to empty them out in this order (based on how much I have where and so on): UB, Full Tilt, Bodog, and finally Poker Stars. I'll do this for pretty much any amount of money, $100 minimum. And I won't even charge you a fee for doing this, but I will gladly accept tips, of course.

I probably should come up with the dollar amount that x represents before doing anything, but I wanted to at least throw this idea out there in case anyone is interested in a painless way to get some cash online. I haven't deposited for years, but I assume that post-legislation, this is going to be a lot easier (and cheaper) for you guys that jumping through whatever hoops you have to jump through to get money online these days. So, keep an eye out... I'll try to figure the details out later this week.

Oh, and for the sake of everyone involved, I'd rather set these transfers up here publicly, rather than via PM.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker