The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-05, 10:34 PM
Shark

jimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjimmym has between 250 and 499 Rep Points
Default How should I read this

Hello All and Happy New Year.

As some of you may now, I really do love playing online poker.
After a couple of years dabbling here and there, at a cost. I decided this year to have a go, but with the intension of making money.
I have a job that allows me to play poker knowing that I could afford to lose a max of $150 per week for a year, this may sound stupid but really it isnt, I gamble quite a bit and usally spend a a far bit at horse and dog meetings I can do this because I also get pleasure out of the meetings I attend and class this as a evening out.
I really do love poker though and I want to turn pro and enter some serious tournys in the next few years.

To convince my wife I entered a freeroll on pokerstars tonight and played for nothing, I finished 18 out of 3553. Ok I and you says this means nothing, but as I said to her. If I want to play well I can.

Freerolls are nothing to any player upto a certain point, then it comes down to POKER, and Good poker players, at least thats what I think.

To finish this my stats are this , first full year won a couple of hundred online, second full year lost a couple of thousand online.

Read that and you may laugh, why does he want to play as a pro?

Well the differnce is , I know I can play better now and I want to win.

Is THIS good enough for me to do it now?

Please give me some of your thoughts, It would be appreciated, I joined this forum because poker players could ask for advice and comments, I guess now is my time to ask.

Jim.

Last edited by jimmym; 01-09-05 at 10:36 PM.