The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-07, 03:18 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Time for a break...

For the tl;dr crowd - I've been running shitty lately, so I'm taking a break.

For everyone else:

I've been running bad lately... really, really, really bad. I've run bad before, but this is just ridiculous. It's weird - I go through periods where I'm breaking even or nothing much is happening, and then WHAM - I start missing every flop and taking sick beats over and over and so on. It's like they just pile up on me. That's not so bad when you have sessions where the deck is hitting you in the face and you can't lose, but when you are either losing a ton or winning a little, it gets ugly fast.

I've run so bad this month that I'm actually a loser for the year now - at one point, I was up about $13k. I understand that this is 80% variance and 20% me playing badly (I have to take SOME responsibility here) and that I'm not down tons of money or anything, but that's still pretty hard to stomach.

Tonight was just ridiculous. At one point, I felt myself not even care any more. I was definitely on tilt. Not super huge mega tilt or anything, but I wasn't play well. You know when you just KNOW that you are going to miss every hand or "find a way to lose with this one" and sure enough, there it is? You know how it feels when they fold everytime you bet and have a hand and check raise you every time you don't, and when you finally do get it all in as a big favorite and then - oh, right, of course, there's your miracle.

Anyway, I finally just stopped. I turned off the negativity and the tilt that often goes with it. And I kept playing. I won back about $2k of the $5k I had dropped (it was a pretty gross night), and then quit. The funny thing is, had I not lost just that ONE big two outer (QQ vs 77 all in on a 6 high (no straight draw) flop), I would have finished almost even for the day.

Anyway, it's time for me to take a break from poker for a while.... not a long break, and not one where I have to put up a bounty on my head or anything like that. I'm just not going to play for a while - at least a week, and maybe the rest of the month. Well, I'll play one more day for Iron Man purposes (gotta keep my status), but that might be it. And when I come back, I'm not sure where I'll start playing... same games/stakes/sites? I dunno. Maybe I'll play some HU donkaments like sjay. TBD. But I'll worry about that later.

I know this was a long, rambling post - sorry about that. But sometimes it helps to write this shit down, so shit write I will.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker