View Single Post
Old 01-31-09, 10:11 AM
squeezed the charmin

melioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

//threadjack

I don't know baseball, but can comment on the soccer comments thus far. C. Ronaldo isn't overrated, he is one of the better players in the world at this moment. But he is a situational and positional player who requires a talented team around him to shine. He can't hold a candle to players like Zidane who anchored teams and made all their teammates play better. Oh, and C. Ronadlo is a Portuguese douchebag that likes to be sodomized by goats.

Pele is one of the greatest for sure, but part of the reason he was so good was that the skill and tactical awareness of the average player at that time was incredibly poor. He would still dominated if he played now, but nowhere near the level that he did back then. If it wasn't for the coke, Maradona would have been the greatest ever.

Beckenbauer was a titan, he revolutionized the game more than just about any other player and certainly deserves to be in the conversation.

But for my money, if i was picking an all-time team, my first two picks would be Zidane and then Makelele. Soccer is all about creating and managing space, and those two players control the field from box to box better than any other midfield combination in the history of the game. And this was during, arguably, the most talent rich era the sport has ever seen.

end threadjack//