View Single Post
Old 10-23-04, 03:07 AM
Maniac

jimmytheg has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

The Eagles have the inside track to home field throughout the playoffs by far in my mind....they have an extremely easy schedule. They really lucked out in facing the AFC central this year, as opposed to the South or the East.

That being said, the key to beating the Eagles will be stoping the big play, and putting up at least 21 points. They should have lost the Monday night game against the Vikings... they really only put that one away when TO caught the long touchdown pass (which wasnt actually a catch, but that's why Mike Tice won't ever win a championship)

Though the Eagles appear to be jugernauts who blow everyone out, when you look at the stats, they give up a lot of yards and first downs. Did you know that over the first 5 games, Philly actually has LESS first downs combined than their opponents? That's a telling number, and it all goes back to getting, or stopping, the home run ball...depending on your perspective.

Now, who do I think can beat them? A team with a ball control offense that doesnt turn the ball over too much, and doesnt give up too many big plays. Baltimore is not that team in my mind. Without Jamal Lewis, this team is just plain awful, and as it stands now, Lewis wont play against in the Eagles game.

I would be worried about the Steelers....and if we are talking about the spread, I definately would not feel comfortable giving the Steelers 7 points or more. They have the exact type of team that could give Philly lots of trouble, plus the game will be in Pittsburgh. Of course, Im not betting against philly till they lose, so i will probably just lay off that game....im gonna ride that horse till she bucks me, same with indy. In fact, I have teased indy and philly together every possible week so far, and they've covered every time