Thread: Big Brown
View Single Post
Old 06-12-08, 01:20 PM
Back in business!

lightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

How many track and field athletes do all the competitions?? I would take a pro basketball player in a competition that included ALL remotely sport-like activities over any other athlete to do better overall. Professional basketball players, the best ones of course, can do things that nobody else on this earth can do. They are larger, faster, stronger, and have more endurance in an overall sense than any other athlete. If you want to throw in intelligence to that mix then the best basketball players excel there too. I think games like basketball, hockey, soccer, and select positions (mostly QB) in football have the smartest athletes because of the team aspect and the need to process lots of information very quickly.

You can have Michael Johnson, I'll take Lebron all day everyday. There are so many basketball players that played SO many other sports and finally settled on basketball: allen iverson was a Mike Vick like QB, Lebron carried his HS team at wideout (I read his HS coach estimated BronBron scored a TD on something rediculous like 3 out of every 4 times he touched the ball in any way i.e. screens, passes, etc.), and I am willing to bet many, many more examples exist on the pro level.

Think about it, there are only 5 starting spots(13 total I believe) on 32(ish) teams in the best league in the world. Name other all around athletic sports that has that kind of competition for spots?

Last edited by lightfungus; 06-12-08 at 01:24 PM.