View Single Post
Old 08-09-06, 11:25 AM
Back in business!

lightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I honestly think JD is where he is because he had this incredible urge to compete...sure he can do this at the same level, but I guarantee you he would not be where he is this fast if he followed bankroll management. I mean really guys, do you think he followed the 5% and was able to get a 75k bankroll in less than a year? from fuckin play money? JD, I think you have to find a balance between what you have been doing to get where you are and being more responsible so your roll doesn't take these periodic steps backwards...this is hard for most (maybe even all) pros to find, from what I hear. But be careful going to school, as your attention will be focused in different directions and your game isn't going to be as sharp as it is now during the summer when you have nothing else to do. So for now, you have to start literally cutting yourself or something if you sit down at 10/20NL and stick with things you can beat until you are ready to challenge them correctly, and seriously. Frankly, 10/20 is almost within your bankroll, but I think your major problem is the tilting, that absolutely has to stop, and it will when you are tested with more things in life that require self-control...I know you said you are good in life, but isn't poker a part of your life ? So learn how to chill with the tilting, and then keep attacking the game like you have been, thats my 2 cents.