View Single Post
Old 10-27-04, 02:44 AM
Maniac

jimmytheg has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

If the trash talking gets you off your game, it has done exactly what the guy, whoever he may be, was hoping for....It's no different than when Michael Jordan or Larry Bird would get in a guys head. Those two were some of the biggest trash talkers ever.

Yeah, in a small cash game it's inappropriate and you could and probably should get roughed up......just the same as if a guy in your local pickup basketball game ran his mouth the whole time.

But in a high pressure- high stakes atmosphere, its a different story. If Mike the Mouth or Arieh can get you off your game, then they've already almost won the battle....and with millions on the line, you better believe they are gonna take advantage of it.

Someone talked about sportsmanship...well, this is POKER...not badminton or tennis. This was a game that for the longest time was played with guns on the table, or on persona. This is not some "set a good example for the kids" game....it's gambling, with a lot of money at stake....class is nice, but if I'm going for 5 million, how classy I come off isnt gonna be entering my mind that much