View Single Post
Old 08-22-06, 02:59 PM
Rock

Quint has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsQuint has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Help setting goals

I should probably post this in a new thread, but it seems to fit here so,...

The Facts: My current BR is ~$1000. I play casually to build my BR and improve my skill, hopefully to the point that I can start generating some "mad money". I.E.- I have no aspirations of becoming a pro. I play 2-3 hours most nights after the kiddies go to bed. Most of the time I play a couple of $25NL tables or a multi-table SnG (27-45 players, $5-$10 buy-in) with the occasional MTT thrown in on the weekends. I don't use PT or any of it's add-ons to evaluate my play, choose tables, etc. so I have no idea what my $/100 hands or %ROI is. I used to keep my SnG stats in a spreadsheet, but I was never good at recording everything. Most of my BR has been built since my return to poker in May, when it was ~$250.

Questions:

How much am I handicapping myself by not using PT? Will it make this hobby seem more like work, or will counting the money won make me forget about the added work?

Should I be moving up in levels, $50NL and $20 SnG's?

What are realistic goals at this BR and time allowance? Many people posted in this thread about winning $X this month, and I'm sure that's based on the game they play and the number of hours/hands they expect to play, but I don't know how to equate that to my situation.

Yeah, that's enough for now. Thanks.