Thread: Chat ban
View Single Post
Old 10-31-08, 10:12 AM
I'm on a boat

Reel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Here's why I agree with Stars. First and foremost, it is their site and they set the rules. They can ban your chat for using the word "shoe" if they want. Their site, their rules. If they have a customer that is offended by something that violates the terms of service, then they should (a) enforce their rules, and (b) try to appease the customer that didn't violate the rules, which makes perfectly good business sense.

I fail to see why they should have to enter into a determination of whether or not someone was joking or just using a widely accepted slang word (which I question); that would be a complete and utter waste of their time and money. You know which words violate their terms of service, so either don't use them or use them at the risk of having them ban your chat privileges. Should they just arbitrarily enforce their rules? I’m quite certain that most users would be rightfully upset if they saw a violation of the terms of service, pointed it out to Stars and then watched them to nothing.

I don't give a fuck what word was said, so this has nothing to do with being PC, at least for me. It has to do with the fact that it's their site, their rules and if you don't like it, don't play there. But complaining that they enforced a rule that you agreed to when you signed up to their site is naive, to put it kindly.