View Single Post
Old 01-02-06, 02:18 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I think it would be a good idea to have various buyin tourneys for forum members (in various games as well). I think this is less about whether people can "afford" it, but more if they should be playing with it for one event. Think about it, if you are in college and have $50-100 online and no immediate way to reload, $10 on a 1-2 table tourney (of average to good players, not fish)paying out the top 3-5 places, is not the best move.

If it is for fun, it really doesn't matter the buyin so much.

There should be a $10 tourney around here for those who have the bankroll (league starts mid-January!!), but I see no reason we shouldn't be able to have lower buyin events once in a while as well.

Rook, I think we would need to find a different site to host it for us that would allow a $5 buyin. The "send TP the money thing" is not that appealing for this type of tourney (especially two different sites), IMO.

http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/blog.php?u=64