View Single Post
Old 11-11-04, 02:31 PM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

Well, I'll pretty much guarantee they win the division again next year, and they will definately bolster their pitching staff. Not much you can do when you lose your 1-2 in Clemens and Pettitte, and there was little pitching on the market besides them last year. This year they will be able to get a guy like Johnson and possibly Pedro. That ought'a straighten their pitching out.

Rivera is aging but is still magnificent. Top to bottom they have the most stacked lineup in baseball, and adding pitching, they would be scary.

Lets not forget they were 3 outs from making the series. And 1 game in total. They ran into a slump when they absolutely could not. Their only glaring weak spot is at 2nd base, and the prototype 2nd baseman does not cost a lot to obtain. Jeff Kent perhaps? I think adding a couple of lefties in the bullpen wouldn't hurt either.

Lets have this argument when they aren't posting the highest profits in baseball, and when they actually have to start developing a better farm system. Until then, they can throw the money around all they want because they are consistently in the BIG season and that is the only way to win a championship, is to make it there.

Last edited by GeoffM; 11-11-04 at 02:33 PM.