Thread: sports betting
View Single Post
Old 09-03-08, 09:26 PM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

The bar bet is an example sports bettors use to emphasize the fact that just when you think something can't happen it does, and costs you a ton.

Vegas would not offer the type of bets you posted above if it were not extremely profitable for them. You will win this bet most of the time, but the time you lose it you will sit there watching in dis-belief as you flush 6K down the drain.

I have a great local example of bookies here near Pittsburgh around me making a shit ton of cash on something that "couldn't" happen.

The Pirates (who sucked for 11 years in a row at this point) were playing the Arizona Diamondbacks. Everyone here knows our Pirates suck and bet against them playing the Diamondbacks with Curt Schilling on the mound, the Pirates won and everyone is stuck.

What is the logical choice? Double up the next night when Randy Freaking Johnson is on the mound, guess what? The Pirates win again and the bookies rake in a ton of cash.

NO TEAM EVER, besides the Pirates can say they beat Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling in a three game series. Both games Arizona was over a 2-1 favorite. What do you think the odds were the Pirates would win both of those games? Probably worse than Nadal losing to Fish.

Shit happens, don't give Vegas 10-1 it won't.