View Single Post
Old 01-07-06, 11:25 AM
Doesn't 2011 start the next decade?

Robbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

My guess would be that some people that are leaving negative rep do NOT understand that the rep is attached to a particular post and they were actually giving you neg. for a different post (or they just don't like you ). There's no way you should receive negative rep for simply agreeing with someone.

I gave one person rep on a post that it wasn't really intended for (although it was positive so it's not too big of a deal there).

I do agree, comments would be nice. I try to leave a comment for each one that I give so the person receiving it knows why I give it. I mean, if I'm taking the few seconds to give rep, what's a few more seconds to comment on it. If a person doesn't leave a comment because they are too busy or don't have time, maybe they shouldn't worry about the reputation anyway.

That said, I don't think forced comments would be a good idea however. As TP (I think it was him) mentioned - if you force them then all you'll get is "adj;askdjf" or whatever. The only option is to appeal to the moral decency of people (hehe - ME talking about morality...go figure) to leave comments.

Last edited by Robbie Robb; 01-07-06 at 11:32 AM.