View Single Post
Old 01-25-06, 08:23 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Unfortunately, there is no way to taylor the rep system to apply to poker related posts only. But I don't think we need to anyway. You say it's not working, but 90% of the time that I'm giving out positive rep, it's for poker posts anyway. 95% of the negative rep I give out is for ridiculous spam, people welching on bets, people going off on other people unnecessarily, and that sort of thing.

Take a look at the people with the highest rep levels right now: Zybomb, pshabi, me.... I have to think we probably are at the top of the list when it comes to contributing to poker related threads around here, right?

Now look at the people who have red bars.... how many of them are big time poker discusson contributors? I'll guess 0.

It's working.

Not only that, but how about this example: If someone comes on here and cons people out of money (regardless of how they do it), we need to be able to give them negative Rep, right? Well, if their scam happens to be in the Sports Section (not poker), for example, we still need to be able to give them feedback. See what I mean?

Sure, it may not be a perfect system, and some people may "abuse" their Rep giving ability (these people tend to have have very little Rep altering power anyway, if any), but over time, it will all work out. It's kinda like luck in poker: In the short term, you may take some bad beats, but in the end, the best players will end up with the most money. I believe the Rep system will work out the same way. It's still too new to say for sure right now, but looking at a currently 23-2 vote, it's not going away. And that's that.

Oh, and about that "cool/uncool" thing... I see no reason to have a popularity contest around here. That's not what the Rep System is for, and I wouldn't add a Popularity Poll even if the functionality was available (it's not). I can think of no good that would come out of that.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker