Thread: Ethics Question
View Single Post
Old 02-27-07, 11:50 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Well, I generally consider myself to be a fairly moral person (I say "fairly," because I knowingly do my share of thing that are wrong by the letter of the law), so I guess I feel that using them - when they are allowed - is ethical, yes. If they were not allowed on a given site, I would stop using them on that site. Would I suddenly feel that they are unethical just because they are no longer allowed? Well, no, because I'd still use them on the other sites that allow them - but yes, I think using them on a site that forbids them is unethical, yes.

I'm not sure if that answers your question.

So back to the original question: Yeah, I guess I think it's unethical to play under someone else's account, and I have never done that myself (other than the time I sat in a tourney for JD for like 45 minutes). But would I fault anyone for doing it if it's not against the rules? Absolutely not.

And don't think I'm Mr. Super Straight Laced By the Book Guy either.... I mean, is downloading copyrighted episodes of High Stakes Poker from the internet because your stupid cable company doesn't get GSN unethical? I suppose so, yes. But do I do every week anyway?

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker