View Single Post
Old 09-14-05, 01:55 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I like being ahead AFTER the flop, which we will be when we raise his flop bet - we have position, remember? I prefer to play KQs as a drawing hand against multiple opponents. By reraising, it's too likely you are isolating the field down to a single opponent, and one that may very well have you beat. He's going to either call your reraise or cap. I can tell you that nowm without you putting those extra bets in, so information-wise, I don't think you'll have much more by 3 betting. All you are doing really is scaring away the blinds or anyone else who may have come in to the pot if you cold called. I WILL reraise there against very loose opponents, but against the average guy, I like to call and then crank it up after the flop.

I'm more inclined to 3 bet the AJ than I am the KQ, but we're only in MP in that scenario, which is not a good place to be with AJ...

Yes, we are ahead most of the time. If we call, the SB will call with his AQ, but if we raise, he'll probably dump it. Maybe this is one of the differences between 3/6 and the slightly higher limits...? Yeah, I don't really see raising here being positive EV. Remember, when you're beat, raising is going to cost you TWO more bets. When you have the best hand, it will either cost you one bet, it will wash (most of the time), or you'll gain 2 bets at the most.

It's close.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker