View Single Post
Old 04-07-06, 02:43 AM
Rock

ashmc2 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsashmc2 has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Update or Perpetual standstill

Damn I’m driving myself nuts. I made over $400 last days off, (Empire poker bonus accounted for $200) and now have $1600 online. But I’m still having confidence issues with moving up to $50 NL tables. First night off I surpassed my $1200 goal so I stepped it up to the $50 tables and won $100 in around 2hrs before I called it a night. I got on the next day and dropped $150 in an hour and a half. I then put my tail between my legs and went back to the $25 NL tables and played there the rest of my days off. When I dropped that $150 - 3 losses for a combined total of around $100 were from making bad calls. But the over $50 I lost was due to being out-drawn. So I know it wasn’t all lost due directly to skill issues. I was supposed to make the move up at a grand, but nooo, not me I said I’ll make myself a little cushion and do it at $1200. Now I’m at 1600 and still playing with $25 dollars on the table.

There’s the guys that I think on a more frequent basis try to step up stakes too quickly without a sustainable bankroll, then there’s me at the over end of the spectrum afraid too make the move even though all evidence points to making the transition to higher stakes. All logic points towards moving up, yet I’m finding it difficult to make myself make this jump. I keep thinking about all the potential profits that I am most likely loosing being a little bitch. You guys ever notice that I ask questions then try to answer them myself. I’m crazy like that.

I guess I’ll stop rambling on here and get to fucking point.
1 - Have any of you ever experienced this issue when moving up in stakes?
2 – Ever just been too afraid to do it so you find reasons to stay where your at and not grow?
3 - How would you or did you overcome this problem?
4 - How would you cope these feelings of being scared money because you just doubled every betting aspect? Not saying this is my issue necessarily.
Mel If you tell me to take some money out and buy my wife something nice I’m going to snap.
5 – And any general advice on this subject would also be much appreciated. Anything that will help me to make this and every other future transition easier. Must be some trick. Drop some knowledge on me people.

ashmc2