View Single Post
Old 01-26-06, 09:06 AM
Maniac

badblood44 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsbadblood44 has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Funniest Poker Moment of My Life

Ok, this is 100% true.

This past Saturday as I was about to leave the Gold Strike poker room, my friend and fellow poker blogger G-Rob figured we'd check out the high-stakes games going on. The WPT event was done for the day, play stopping with 17 players left.

In the back of the ball room, there was a high-stakes game going on with the following players: Mimi Tran, John D'Agostino, Chad Brown, Tuan Le and Hasan Habib. Each player had a mountain of black chips and bricks of cash in front of them.

So I challenged G-Rob to sit at that game. This is what he did.

He walked over to the table and asked if there was a seat available. Hasan Habib wasn't playing, so he got up and made room. G-Rob's seat was directly across from Tuan Le.

G-Rob then spread three $20 bills on the table and then sat there stonefaced.

Yes, that's right. He tried to buy into a $400/$800 game with $60.

Tuan Le's face was about how you'd predict. Confused, snobby, leering. Chad Brown seemed to get what was going on and said to him, "What are you doing? This is a 400/800 game, you can't play here."

G-Rob continued to sit stonefaced.

Finally he looked at the dealer and pointed to his cash and said, "I'd like $60 please." The dealer smiled and said, "I think you'd better leave." So G-Rob took back his cash, got up, and left.

The $60 was his to keep, it was about all I could raise from other people on this dare. To those of us watching, it was hilarious.