View Single Post
Old 11-20-04, 10:26 PM
oscar the grouch

junYUN has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

albeit the fan shouldn't have thrown the cup...the players should never EVER EVER rush the stands under ANY circumstances. security could have easily been pointed to the guy that threw the cup, and tossed him out. there is absolutely no excuse for rushing the stands. i really will be suprised if artest and jackson aren't suspended for AT LEAST 20 games.

As for O'Neil, he did stay on the court, however the guy he laid into was being grabbed by security guards, and O'Neil came completely out of left field and rocked that guy. his penalty should not be as stiff as jackson and artest, but he should definatly get punished harshly.

as for big ben, a couple game suspension and a fine should do. although he started the fight, he didn't make the pacers rush the crowd, he simply pushed another player (happens often in the NBA) and the usual course of action is not too harsh, but a couple games and a fine is just enough to do the trick.

as for the fans, i do agree they were WAY way WAY out of line. throwing things at the court, coming onto the court, all that is ridiculous and is dissapointing. i do think videos should be reviewed, and some of the fans that are seen punching players from behind should definatly be subject to some sort of prosecution or punishment.

all in all a very nasty black spot for the NBA.