View Single Post
Old 01-17-06, 10:48 AM
Fish

BPRescue has less than 10 Rep Points
Default Gov...

Wow, Gov… A bit off the mark?

Your post was perfect, though not really an argument on your behalf. The conclusion I believe you leaped to, was that “poker” was the issue, or possibly, the blanket I put all my statements under? Something I blame our nonconforming society on? To the contrary, we all take responsibility for our own actions, or shall I say, “should” take responsibility…

Since you missed the boat, by a considerable margin, I will try and clear it up so that you can understand. Poker, by no means is the problem here regardless of the low level mentality of the game/players you try imply, or maybe excuse its actions. Quite funny in regard to your conspiracy theories, considering you are yourself applying a generalization to poker. Let’s not get lost, or apply the blame to a medium. The issue is the lack of respect some people have, and in my rather brief comment, passing said courtesies to our children. Let’s not look farther than that.

In the end, I find people use “agenda” to further their extremist conspiracy theories…

Finally, in regard to the blanket statement of poker deriving from “our solders,” who drank, smoked, cursed”. I believe poker has origins dating back to the 1600’s, which is long before “we” had any soldiers. I am putting myself out on a limb by assuming that it was an intellectual game, with little cursing, getting drunk and smoking like a chimney… ;-)

Your post was perfect! You proved my point with utmost precision, “dude”.

Lol…