View Single Post
Old 01-16-06, 10:36 AM
Fish

BPRescue has less than 10 Rep Points
Default Is it so hard?

To be honest, I find it quite laughable that people take advantage of the added safety of a computer screen and attack others almost at will. I have seen this unbelievably often online, however not once in live games/tournaments.

In live games/tournaments, you always seem to run into a know it all, very irritating individual, or the person who gets upset because they lost, however it always seems to fall short of blatant attacks and calling someone a “F moron”. My guess is that Darwin has something to do with it…

With that said, I agree with all hosts blocking of chat. If people cannot act like respectful adults, then the juvenile “timeout” is in order… I just hit the ol “Block Chat” icon however and or just ignore the chat. In truth, is this not an edge anyway? I always use it to my advantage on the table as it is quite easy to beat an ego.

What is it that we are now so quick with the F bomb? Even beyond the repercussions that could take place in a real setting for running of the mouth, is it just not having respect and showing courtesy for others? I imagine this type of attitude is why we are seeing our kids growing much more disrespectful.

Shameful actually.