View Single Post
Old 11-19-04, 09:38 AM
Fmr. Resident Asshole

Aequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsAequitas58 has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

So many things to address here... lol.

Saying LeBron will be better than Jordan is sacreligious! Jordan is THE best player of all time. His stats stand alone, and it will take a long time before anyone can surpass what he has accomplished. Although Lebron has considerable talent, I don't buy the "21/ppg in HS" argument. He was able to shit on high school kids because they were so young and he was just GOOD. It's a different game in the NBA. I look forward to watching him mature and just get better - even though he's already very good. I don't think Lebron will be better than Jordan, but only time will tell.

It's hard to argue against Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan, but at the height of Karl Malone's and Hakeem Olajuwon's careers - they were NASTY. Bird was disgusting, and if you allow Michael Jordan to run the point, I don't think the new team has a shot of winning.

Sidenote: I would exchange Iverson for Kidd, and here's why: Jordan would just shit on Kidd everytime they're matched up. I feel like Iverson is more of a streetballer and he would be able to "keep up" with Jordan... (more than Kidd would.)

Who knows.

This kinda stuff is tough to argue online - but makes for great "around the TV" debates.