View Single Post
Old 11-12-04, 11:33 AM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

as much as i am a sox fan, i do believe that the yankees will be the favoerite every single year. their money advantage, even over the sox, is so staggering that it is almost insurmountable on a long term mbasis. you can beat them in any given year, but in th elong run they will come out on top.

steinbrenner is really their only weakness. he makes a few too many impulsive moves that tie up a lot of money, and they also lock in inferior players because of the money they make.

i think they will go out and get a good starting pitcher (pavano or radke, mort likely), and make a deal with a big time outfielder. the only reason that they will trade brown is because they dont like his attitude, other than that he did a very good job for them this season, and they need help with their pitching staff.

many of the players that they have on the team are overrated at this stage of their careers. of course, that is what happens when the majority of the free agent signings that you make are of veteran players. i think that all of the small pieces of evidence around giambi suggest that steroids make have played a huge role in his game (weight loss, tumors, significantly worse performance since testing began, etc), and i dont think the he will ever be the same player that he once was.