Thread: The New Brian
View Single Post
Old 10-29-05, 01:14 AM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Good points. I agree. I have a similar mindset. I couldnt/cant justify using family money to play. I started with free $10 from prima, $20 from Pacific, and $25 from TP, and grinded out a meager bankroll (~$1000). This summer has been crazy, and I cashed about half out and havent played much. Just starting to gear up for alot of playing and bonus whoring. I will continue to build the bankroll, and cash out a bit here and there (as well as profit from 2 small weekly tournaments). I am dedicated to improving, reading books, expanding my game to more NL ring, PLo8, etc.
I think it all comes back to 'why do you play poker'? For the fun and gamble of it, trying to make a big score here and there, nothing wrong with that. Just to have fun and play live with the boys, great. Me, I want to be one of those who comfortably make 40K-100K a year playing online. It seems there are alot of them. If you put in the hours, bonus whore out the wazzoo, practice good game selction and bankroll management, it doesnt really seem that the risk is even all that great. I plan to be home full time, playing online, and taking care of our new baby GIRL (we just found out today) come springtime. I dont think it is all that lofty of a goal. I think it is modestly simple to do.
What do you all think?
Good discussions boys...keep it up!!