View Single Post
Old 12-22-08, 12:00 PM
Banned

thadeas1 has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

My 2008 and 2007 for that matter has been a utter car-crash.

It started in Jan 2007, previous to this I was living in a Caravan (americans would call me trailer trash), it was a very nice and very expensive caravan though, on a excellent park which had all the modern facilities for owners, we had a indoor swimming pool with spa and steam room, we had a massive club/pub house with excellent entertainment at weekends, but as uk law says you have to move out for 8 weeks every year so on jan 7th 2007 I did move out.

I rented a room from friends of my best mate, he lived there as well, it was only going to be for the 8 weeks and then i'm back to my caravan (trailer) but on the 13th of Jan I literally did have a car-crash, I was crossing traffic and some boy racer smashed into the side of my car, he admitted to me he wasn't watching the road as he was texting on his phone, obviously he forgot to mention that to the police though. I only had third party insurance and was blammed for the accident as I crossed traffic, my car was a complete mess and no payout from insurance so that was £7000 down the drain plus I got banned from driving for 6 months for careless driving.

Since that my financial situation changed dramatically and I ended up missing acouple payments on the finance for the caravan and loseing it completely so I stayed where I was with no home of my own and no car, fast forward to the end of 2007 and my resolutions were to rectify the situation for 2008, I was going to move out of the lodgings and find a nice flat/apartment, since my driving ban would have finished I would also try to find a nice used car (finance wasn't finished on the previous smashed up one).

now its the end of 2008 and have I moved? err no, do I have a nice used car? err no, but the one I do have is deffinately used.

So in 2009 will I get stuff done? Well I'm very optimistic as the finance for the car which I smashed up finishes in march and I can then take out new finance on a brand new one so that is something. And I will definately be moving as I need my own space, it doesn't matter how small it is as long as it's mine.

Now we get to poker. I've played online for alittle over two years and if i'm honest they are loseing years, i'm a eurodonk and can play on almost any site I want to, this is a hinderance and not a plus, I have accounts on all the major sites and most of the minor ones, I switch my money between them and as a result if im running bad I lose money on them all, combine this with the fact that I like a few beers (i'm not a alchoholic but if i'm honest I probably aint that far away from being one), alchohol and gambling is not a good combination. I've lost money and tilt hugely, I cant stick to one type of game and rarely work on improving my game even though I have invested in books and tools to improve it.

So for 2009 will this change? again i'm optimistic, all those books and stuff that i've invested money in to help improve my game I actually am going to read/use, I plan on taking the first 3 months of the year away from the tables and just study the material I got and we will see what happens, at the very least I'm gonna save my self 3 months of deposits (if I stick to my plan lol).

I'm hopeing 2009 will be a very busy but prosperous year for me but you never know whats around the corner, whatever happens I would like to wish anyone who has actually read though this dribble a happy and prosperous new year.

thadeas.