Thread: Fold equity
View Single Post
Old 02-11-08, 09:17 AM
Shark

bdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I think i might have asked you a little about this before, but i couldnt find the string. I notice that you say that this is the case when 'on the bubble' (thus more people are alive).

I also assume that if you are equal stacks HU - being first to ask you are +EV if you shove with any two? What if you have more chips (say you are winning by a 2:1 ratio) - does that change anything? I am guessing that overall it doesn't because that would just mean that maybe the opponents range increases (he feels more desperate) but as stated that does not bring your +EV down to zero (unless he is willing to call with any two - and i doubt that they will).

Or if you are losing (again by a 2:1 ratio) - does that effect the math? Again, i would assume that we would still be +EV. Even though our opponent might loosen his calling requirements (knowing that we are desperate and trying to pick us off), he almost never will loosen to the point of calling with any two.

Then, if this is all true - if we find ourselves HU with a player we think is better than us we are better off shoving any two cards, at least from the SB.