Thread: Windsor Trip
View Single Post
Old 07-15-07, 11:08 AM
Doesn't 2011 start the next decade?

Robbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

Well, my favourite hand of the trip was my last one. Blinds are at 200/400 at this point and I'm on the button with 625 behind. Mayhem's UTG with 600 in chips and Nikki's the BB. Mayhem sticks his 600 in. I'd already pretty much decided I was going in with any paint/PP/connector/1gapper/etc. Folds to me and I see KQo. Works for me. I "re-raise" all-in for the whopping extra 25 chips. Nikki hasn't even looked at her cards and calls, creating a 50 side pot. Mayhem flips over T2o, I flip the KQo and Nikki flips....25o. Flop helps no one (indirectly helping me of course) but naturally the turn is a deuce. River's a blank and Mayhem triples up and Nikki knocks me out of the tourney.

The second most satisfying hand of the game was one I wasn't even involved in. This grumpy old guy was to Mayhem's left and was constantly griping about calling with QTo. When he left a sense of peace and silence came over the table.

That was actually the only poker we played as some unexpected expenses this past week seriously cut down on our ready cash so while the others managed to get in some cash games we passed on that this trip but I'm definitely looking forward to playing some $100NL on the next trip.

While, as Invig, wrote, there was definitely more sitting than going we had a great time, getting back into London around 1:30 and quickly hitting the sack.

Now we've got the August home game to look forward to where it looks like Invig and the Mrs. are going to be making the trip up to join us. Anyone else in the Ontario region is more than welcome to come play as well! (well, TECHNICALLY, ANYONE on the forum has a standing invitation to come play but I think it would be a little ridiculous to fly up to London for a $10 home game...)