View Single Post
Old 05-08-07, 01:25 AM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Meh. They were good of course, but I was never a Payton fan. I was a huge Chris Jackson fan (before he went off the deep end and became M. Abdul-Rauf or whatever ).

I loved it when CJ, Mutombo, Robert Pack et.al. and the Nuggets knocked off the Sonics in that memorable first round.

It actually saddens me to think back about CJ. He was a phenom in his 2 years at LSU. I mean like scary good. Not just with his jumper, but his all around game. So quick, could dribble thru people at full speed, pull up in a flash or dish it off. Seriously, if you can ever catch any of his games from then, do yourself the favor and watch them.

There have been teams in the last 20 years or so, that you can say would have had the potential to be a dynasty had they stayed together (no early NBA entrants). That LSU team might lead the pack. Chris Jackson, Stanley Roberts, Vernell Singleton, and....oh ya.....Shaq! Holy crap, if they would have been together for 2 more seasons.......
Oklahoma with Waymond Tisdale comes to mind as well.