The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Poker on TV (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   TP on tv tonight - $50 Contest! (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3467)

Talking Poker 10-12-05 02:27 AM

TP on tv tonight - $50 Contest!

I was on tv twice tonight (WSOP Main Event Episodes #1 and #2).

Just for fun, let's have a little contest: Be the first person to describe in detail exactly when I could be seen ONCE and I'll send you 10 bucks (on Poker Stars, of course). But before you press submit, you may want to watch a little longer and a little closer. Be the first person to correctly describe when I could be seen BOTH TIMES (before some correctly describes ONE time) and I'll send you FIFTY bucks.

This should be fun. Tivo, anyone?

:cool:

Talking Poker 10-12-05 02:41 AM

I wonder what the over/under is on someone answering this correctly.

I'm guessing the winner will only take home $10... if there is a winner at all. Gotta record the episodes when they re-air (if you don't have them recorded already), gotta know what I look like (I've only posted a few photos - GL finding them), gotta watch closely, and most importantly, have to care anough about 10 or 50 bucks to do all of the above.

I'll say the money is up for grabs until next week's episodes air on ESPN - 6.75 days from now, give or take.

ChipFish 10-12-05 04:44 AM

Is there going to be a "Canadian version" to this very slanted contest?
:mad: :mad:

Just kidding, Look forward to watching for ya when this airs up here in the Great White North.... Should be sometime in early Spring of 2007, if we're lucky.
They just added a TV tower, so now we get TWO channels in our igloo.

GeoffM 10-12-05 08:47 AM

:p

In the first time I saw you, you were rubbing up against Phil Ivey :eek: , not that there's anything wrong with that.

The second time, you were following Shannon Elizabeth around like a puppy dog. Again, not that there's anything wrong with that :D .

MAYHEM45 10-12-05 08:56 AM

I think that answer deserves the $50 alone. LMAO

Talking Poker 10-12-05 11:56 AM

Geoff, Geoff, Geoff...

I think you are a bit confused. Phil Ivey is the one I was following around like a puppy dog, and Shannon was the one I was "rubbing up against." The true quality time Shannon and I spent together wasn't filmed by ESPN though - I don't really think that's their niche, if you know what I mean. :D

For you Canadians (And anyone else who doesn't have this recorded and wants to take part in the contest), I guess it's time for you to learn how to download torrents, once and for all:

You'll need this to get you on your way:

Have fun..........

MAYHEM45 10-12-05 12:15 PM

Hey TP, do you think im a n00b? :D
I already have all those episodes, they havent released the main event yet. Which is odd, because as soon as Lost is over it is immediately posted.

You bet ill be the first one seeding when the main event gets posted though.

BTW is better.

Talking Poker 10-12-05 12:34 PM

Piratebay is good, but I prefer Torrent Spy. You'll find a lot of the same trackers in both, plus many more in TS...

Not that I've ever actually downloaded anything from the internet, of course. I've just "heard."

badblood44 10-12-05 12:35 PM

I have TiVo. And free time tonight. ;)

BlibbityBlabbity 10-12-05 12:37 PM

Answer in white below (highlight to view)....

#1 - Giddy as a schoolgirl about to take a picture of Shannon E. (pointing for someone else to look) approx. 46 minutes into episode #1

#2- Taking a picture as Daniel N. was walking from the table knocked out. approx 59 mins into episode #2

BlibbityBlabbity 10-12-05 12:52 PM

Sorry, was I supposed to wait for side betting?

Talking Poker 10-12-05 12:53 PM

BANG! We have a winner.

Well done - I'm seriously impressed. I didn't think anyone would notice the Daniel shot, as it was pretty subtle.

As for the "giddy as a schoolgirl" (LOL) - here's the deal on that... She was one of the many people I had been watching/shooting all day, and I just so happened to be in the right place at the right time (very late at night at this point). In fact, here is me quoting myself from one of my WSOP recaps about this very hand:

So, instead of the world seeing me chatting with her, the world sees me stalking her, acting "like a giddy schoolgirl." LOL...

I was surprised I wasn't also on when Men the Master got knocked out. He walked past me right after his little exit interview and said, with his back to the camera and a waving hand in the air, "See you next year, baby" or something like that. I thought it would be a perfect close to the episode, but they didn't use it. Maybe they didn't want my ugly mug in another shot :)

Talking Poker 10-12-05 12:55 PM

Absolutely not. You win. Well done!

This just might inspire me to get my photos online. Ok, next week. Seriously. Harass me if I don't have at least some of them online 7 days from now.

BlibbityBlabbity 10-12-05 12:58 PM

I was worried when I saw her come over to Daniel N. to chat in episode #2. I thought you were going to be hiding in the shadows somewhere with a telephoto lens or something. Glad you weren't THAT obsessed.... :D

MAYHEM45 10-12-05 01:06 PM

Piracy is wrong!

Talking Poker 10-12-05 01:10 PM

In reality, I wasn't obsessed at all. Yeah, she's hot, and yeah, she's nice, and yeah, she's rich, and yeah, she's a celebrity, and yeah, she plays poker... but......... ok, nevermind.

Reel Deal 10-12-05 01:57 PM

OK, now I'm really going to get on your ass about posting those WSOP pics on the site!!! I think if you just post the ones of SE we'll all be happy. :D

BlibbityBlabbity 10-12-05 02:06 PM

BTW, Congrats on the national TV appearance. Need to shove that TP hat in there a little more next year. As a pro is getting knocked out just tackle them or something, that will get you a little interview in the "sit at the table and play with the poker chips while we ask you questions" room....or the "sit at the table while we shine a bright light in your eyes and ask you questions" room, one or the other :D

badblood44 10-12-05 07:06 PM

Damn.....JUST as I saw the 0:46 segment with the photographing, I came up to post and it was already solved. No need to search for #2 now.

Nice work BB (the other one)

junYUN 10-13-05 04:48 PM

i didnt watch that episode.. at least not the whole thing. i saw a bit of it.. guess i'll have to pay more attention