The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beats and Brags (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   fuck you cake poker (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12136)

de-coder 10-02-07 10:35 PM

fuck you cake poker

I may have just had the worst night of poker in my life. I've never had the 2nd best hand so much ever - and then there's the beats like this gem.

Hand #1275011585000456: Chelsea (6-Max) 11585
Seat 2: sqpoker (98.50 in chips)
Seat 5: LTLPE (97.35 in chips)
Seat 6: decoder (116.35 in chips)
Seat 7: ADIDAP (97.35 in chips)
Seat 8: mengk (53.70 in chips)
Seat 10: ! (98.30 in chips)
LTLPE: posts small blind $0.50
decoder: posts big blind $1
Dealt to decoder [ Ad Ac ]
ADIDAP: calls
mengk: calls
!: folds
sqpoker: folds
LTLPE: raises to $4
decoder: raises to $10
ADIDAP: folds
mengk: folds
LTLPE: calls
*** FLOP *** [ Th, 2d, Qh. ]
LTLPE: checks
decoder: bets $22
LTLPE: is all in
decoder: calls
*** TURN *** [ 5c. ]
*** RIVER *** [ Ks. ]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
LTLPE wins $193.70 with Three of a Kind, Kings

Robbie Robb 10-02-07 10:52 PM

That's rough. I've had my aces cracked by kings twice in the past few days there. I just say 'NH' and get my money back from them in a few hands. A big difference though is that I'm only playing .02/.04 so it's nowhere near as stinging.

Nikita 10-02-07 11:11 PM

I did that to a guy at Cake just the other day, except we got it allin preflop. He went on to call me a horrible player because I couldn't fold my kings--that it should have been obvious he had AA. I told him I was happy to continue being a horrible player, as I would never be able to fold KK preflop.

And I'm starting to agree with everyone else already at Cake, it's a great place to fish.

de-coder 10-02-07 11:24 PM

I was pretty hot by the time that happened I had lost a lot of good hands to much worse hands.

AQ to Q4 on a Q4TQx board - the only thing that saved me was the flush draw or I would've lost another buyin.

I just ran really bad... Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Zybomb 10-03-07 12:51 AM

Standard -- only its 2x a night for me, and the K comes on the turn

Reel Deal 10-03-07 01:45 AM

Hang in there decoder... there are soooo many bad players there that you will make it back.

Talking Poker 10-03-07 01:54 AM

For me, it's usually me going all in on the turn and the idiot calling with something like 77, only to spike his 2 outer with just one card to come.

OK, not "usually," but those ones sting the most, for sure. At least this guy played it fine.

I actually sucked out tonight. :eek:

I raised 54s OTB, both blinds called. The flop comes 443 and me and the BB get it all in. He shows A4o (I don't like his preflop call, but ignoring that).
Turn 7
River 6

:eek::eek::eek:

It's been a LONG time since I've gotten my money in that badly and won the hand... and I do mean a LONG time.

de-coder 10-03-07 09:57 PM

quick update - I played for almost an hour tonight (I have to go back to work) and made back a third of what I lost. No big hands (although I had KK twice with little action), but I played well and feel good about it.