The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   SPAM (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1000% bonus at Gamesgrid (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1696)

johnp158 04-12-05 06:15 PM

1000% bonus at Gamesgrid

For those of you who like to bonus-whore, I found this site the other day. It just opened for poker like 5 days ago, but apparently gamesgrid has been a reputable online backgammon server for some years now. The 1000% bonus is no joke, it's one of those rakeback-type bonuses, but it looks to be a good bit easier to clear than UB. Since this is the first week that it's been open, there are almost no players online, so I hope some of ya'll will get on there. You get a year to clear the bonus and get paid in $5 increments, so hopefully soon there will be enough players to make this worth it. Also, they offer this Very Frequent players program where if you play 10 table hours a week, they pay you something like 3 big blinds per hour of play (not big bets). There's a thread over at 2+2 about it too if anybody wants some verification

Also, the best potential deal here is for TP, since he seems to be the affiliate around here. You get 25% of the net rake FOR LIFE for anybody that you refer (TP if you want to sign up you can put johnp158 as the person who referred you :) )

Anywho, I hope that some people open accounts on this site so there will be some games worth playing.

edit: PS: Max deposit is 500, so max bonus is 5000

Talking Poker 04-12-05 06:35 PM

Sounds ok, and yes, it would be wise for me to get in on the ground floor but I have trouble recommending brand new sites with 0 players... Too many have failed in the past, screwing over everyone who deposited.

johnp158 04-12-05 10:02 PM

sorry about posting in the wrong forum

junYUN 04-12-05 10:06 PM

god damn i just read all this and if this is all true im going to nut myself for the amount of free money you can make. $3/$6 hold 'em (as long as you play 10hrs a week which i triple that) pays out $9/hr EXTRA. jeezus...

johnp158 04-12-05 11:01 PM

since TP's not getting in on this put johnp158 as your reference :)

Talking Poker 04-13-05 02:40 AM

I didn't say I wasn't getting in.... only that I hadn't looked at it yet, and hesitate to recommend start up sites.

PShabi 04-13-05 11:46 AM

I downloaded it to see what was up.

The softward looks fine, but NO PLAYERS. One 1/2 game and one 2/4 game. Nobody on 3/6. There was a $200 NL game and some tourneys.

Not gonna waste my time.

johnp158 04-13-05 01:22 PM

Yeah I actually found one full 1/2 table last night, I think I'll be doing one window of gamesgrid while I play another table at UB or whatever else I'm playing. Just figured I might as well go ahead and get in on it in case they do build up a player base within the next year.

PShabi 04-13-05 02:52 PM

Thought about that, but you'll never clear that bonus one-tabling. The full tables I saw were tight too.

GeoffM 04-13-05 03:14 PM

Like TP said, give it a few months and we'll see what happens.

Pshabi, don't bitch :D , at least on any site there are always hold'em games to sit at. How do you think us O8B players feel? I download True Poker and there isn't one player playing it, but tables full of hold'em.

johnp158 04-13-05 03:52 PM

Super tight so far. I think it's just people from a few forums like this one, not many (any?) fish have found this one yet.

GeoffM 04-13-05 03:53 PM

Start posting on RGP and 2+2, and then they'll come out to play.

johnp158 04-13-05 09:03 PM

yeah since RGP is already so bad I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to spam the hell out of them :)

Tony Cheval 04-14-05 03:47 AM

...wait, Gamesgrid? Watch out for a player named Flynn, I hear he's quite tough. :D

Tony Cheval 04-18-05 03:15 AM

It should be noted that they give you a full YEAR to earn those points (365 days). Apparently the guy doing the TPTK O8 tournament series gave them the thumbsup, got a withdrawal without trouble, if you can set something up with them I'll go for it.

johnp158 04-19-05 03:59 AM

Yeah I withdrew some the other day, appeared within a couple hours in my neteller account. They seem to be getting more players each day, and it the 1000% bonus is almost too good to pass up. You all should at least sign up and deposit so you can come back in a few months and play.

Talking Poker 04-19-05 11:36 AM

I tried signing up to check it out. So far, not so good:

-They never sent me a confirmation email.
-Their software seems to be somehow intermingled with Internet Explorer, which is a huge security risk, IMO.
-I just emailed support. Let's see how long it takes to get a reply.

junYUN 04-19-05 02:23 PM

ive signed up on it, but didnt make a deposit. i really dont want to put my money where it might go south...even though it's such a great deal.

Talking Poker 04-19-05 05:44 PM

Well, I signed up... and so far, I'm very UNimpressed.

If you are gonna try it anyway though, feel free to use "TalkingPoker" as the person who half-heartedly referred you :)

Tony Cheval 04-20-05 02:00 AM

So just use the referral in their setup, I take it? I'm gonna wait a bit longer after hearing your report.

2Tone 04-20-05 12:07 PM

Please post reports

I'm waiting for funds to hit my Netteller account (makes me realize how much I appreciate Party's instant IGM-Pay), but am thinking about giving it a try. I'd appreciate any additional feedback on the site from anyone registered already. Anybody cashed out yet?

PShabi 04-20-05 12:15 PM

elaborate

Talking Poker 04-20-05 02:02 PM

I'll asume you mean on the unimpressed part, and not the "TalkingPoker" referral part.

-I never got a confirmation email (yes, I checked my SPAM filter).
-There site crashed on me while I was trying to log in once.
-The DID reply to my customer service "lost password" email, but it took a number of hours.
-There are hardly any games running... certainly none for limits I like.
-Their affiliate program IS their Refer-A-Friend program

Sign up and see for yourself. Set up your account, and if the site grows someday, great. If not, nothing lost other than a few minutes of your time.