The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beats and Brags (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   i consider my self a strong poker player (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53)

bigjohnstud2o 10-20-04 05:10 AM

i consider my self a strong poker player

i have went 4 straight tournaments w/o winnang a single hand at my buddies house. It got ridiculous. I went on to win 8 straight trnys but thats beside the point. The main beat i still remember was me from BB. I had AA person in 3rd pos had AJ. we were only 2 to see the flop. Flop came JT2. I bet 2X the pot. he reraised then i rr all in. he shows AJ im thinking to myself hell yea, but whats the turn??? You guessed it J. followed by a 7. Just had to let it out bc it still bugs me. The biggest thing is that they know im by far the best player there. Its like they have a secret $100 bounty on my head by the hands they show down.

johnbaker 10-25-04 05:33 PM

dont feel too bad, theres no way he put you on aces...

also i find that the better players at my games get a lot more action from people. everyone is always SO afraid of getting bluffed out, they call the more skilled players down to the riv with very modest hands

jdiana86 11-13-04 10:55 AM

"I thought you were bluffing" ;)

nutbag 11-14-04 10:29 PM

sit and goes go the same way for me. I'll not cash for 5-15 tourneys, getting every good hand cracked and then get first twice and continue to cash. But the pain from the losses lasts much longer than the joy of winning for me. I hate that but I keep coming back.

GeoffM 11-15-04 11:01 AM

We had some limit ring games at my house over the weekend. I won the first pot of the night playing straight seven. I started with KQJ and slow played. Got a 9 after fourth card and I figure I had a well-hidden inside straight draw. Hit it on card 6 and lucky for me someone else had a lower straight so that put me up the rest of the night. Ended up winning about $30 after being up a bunch and then proceeding to get piss drunk and dropping most of what I had won. Oh well, at least I won and had a good time.

junYUN 11-15-04 04:32 PM

piss drunk, yeah i've always noticed thats a bad thing when you're trying to take other people's money. lost $25 on halloween that i didn't even know i had played until the next day my buddy said i was really smashed and went all in on T-T pre-flop on like the 3rd hand of the game...guy outdrew me with trip jacks, and i proceeded to take shots.

SirFWALGMan 11-16-04 10:27 AM

Ak?

He must have put you on AK. Stupid call, but like you said "Your the best" player there.

Tilter 11-17-04 03:44 PM

thats aweful again. But Aces won't always hold up. And AJ on Jxx flop is pretty good.

bigjohnstud2o 11-18-04 07:01 AM

yea

thats pretty good but he only has 2 outs. The 2 remaining jacks. Actually he hit a 1 outter. Player to my left folded J4 preflop"so he said"

jjhooksjj 11-18-04 04:01 PM

Being the best player there you MUST know that you still must count folded cards as outs. If you are ahead with an open-ended straight flush draw with two overcards, but everyone folded all of your outs, going all-in was still the right play, even though you didn't have nearly as many outs as you thought.