The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NFL Bets 10/23 (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3622)

omahilo 10-23-05 12:22 AM

NFL Bets 10/23

Okay this is what Ive got for Sunday

Colts/Texans OVER 44.5. I feel the texans will want to aleast show up and give the undefeated colts a fight at home. I see the colts scoring 30+ so I hope the texans hold up their part of this bet.

Chargers/Eagles OVER 47. This game could come down to the last drive of the game. Both of these teams can score 30+ pts on any given Sunday so we will give this a try and see how it goes.

Lions +2.5 vs Cleveland. The lions defense has played very very good this year and they play the browns, whose offense isnt nothing to speak of. I see the Lions causing 2+ turnovers on defense and giving the offense a short field. As long as Harrington throws to the boys in blue and not the boys in brown we should win this one.

That is all for now, might add a few more plays in the morning/afternoon. If you have any picks, dont be afraid to post them.

Talking Poker 10-23-05 01:37 AM

Dammit - where are the Penguin's picks? I've got bets to place, people!

Good picks, omahilo. Let's me take a look and see what I like... Then NFL is the only sport where I feel my picks might have any value. And I put about 5% the effort into it as these guys, so take it for what it's worth.

I see three games I like more than the rest (beware - that means I will probably go 0-3). I like:
Cincinnati -1 vs. Pittsburgh
Seattle -4 vs. Dallas
NY Football Giants -2 vs. Denver

I like all three of the favorites (all home teams).

-Cincinnati has been playing great football on both sides of the field, and the Steelers are banged up. If the line was Cincy by 3, I'd still like this play.

-Seattle: Did anyone see the game last week? They don't need no stinkin receivers! Their offensive line is awesome. They will beat Dallas by at least a TD. (I suspect people will disagree with me on this more than my other picks)

-Giants: Off to a great start, they came back to earth last week. Look for Manning to rebound and put up some big numbers at home against the Broncos. Denver has been putting up a lot of points too, but I think the Giants D is going to be able to contain them. I believe this line should be the Giants by at least a FG as well.

There are other games I like a little, but I heard you should pick your best plays and go with only those, so that's what I'm doing. :)

Zybomb 10-23-05 05:15 AM

I am betting the Steelers, Lions, Giants, and Seahawks this week.

omahilo 10-23-05 11:20 AM

Im staying away from the Pitt-Cin game... I can see many reasons for either team to win.

TP... I agree, where are Penguins picks!!!

I like the seahawks and Denver for the 4 o'clock game but I will wait till closer to gametime before I make a final decision.

omahilo 10-23-05 03:26 PM

Colts 31 Texans 14 and the 44.5 OVER covers.

Make that 1-0 for today.

13-10 Lions right now in a dog fight with the browns and the chargers/eagles over is not looking good at all.

omahilo 10-23-05 04:11 PM

Lions win 13-10... 2-0 for today.

The over on the chargers/eagles game prolly wont cover but I guess we can hope for a miracle.

Ive got 2 bets on for 4PM games

Denver (+3) vs NYG

Penguins Over on the Cards/titans (over 45) game.

Penguinfan 10-23-05 04:31 PM

If they over turn this fumble call and get the FG you still have a shot at the over in Philly or at least a push.

Penguinfan 10-23-05 04:32 PM

Damn

No such luck, doesn't look good now as Philly in kneeling on the ball.

2-1 is always good though.

Penguinfan 10-23-05 04:36 PM

My OVER play was going off to a great start until McLown throw a pic in the red zone. Nothing kills and OVER play like a long drive resulting in no points.

omahilo 10-23-05 05:20 PM

yeah that fumble play killed any hope... 2-1 as you said.

yeah Tenn scored a TD right off the bat and AZ was driving then McClown threw a INT to kill it.

regardless I still feel good... AZ are the best at scoring 1-2 TDs when they dont matter.

Talking Poker 10-23-05 06:32 PM

It's going to be funny when I go 0-3 today.

Talking Poker 10-23-05 08:20 PM

Woooohoooo!!!

:D

omahilo 10-23-05 11:41 PM

3-2 today... won Denver +3 and lose Arizona over.

9-4 this weekend, not too bad.

Talking Poker 10-24-05 12:04 AM

I'm retiring from sports handicapping. :o