The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   TP Suggestions/Problems (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Heads Up Sticky Thread (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5185)

Govman6767 01-17-06 02:13 PM

Heads Up Sticky Thread

Not sure how I wanna do this....

Let's start a sticky thread for a heads up sort of challenge.
If someone does not like a post or want's to post a heads up challenge they can do so to any other member of the thread.
Then they could post who wins and sort of keep track of who's winning all the heads up match's
Price would not matter as some ppl have moolah some don't

I might wanna play TP in a 50 dollar heads up match
Zybomb might wanna play someone for 1 dollar but after a few weeks we would have a nice thread going and we could track who's doing what.

Any Ideas on this or how we could make it better and not a big deal REPEAT NOT THAT BIG A DEAL no one should get mad or goofy about this.

I thought it was just something we could do for fun.

Zybomb 01-17-06 02:17 PM

So what are you sayin about my bankroll?

:p ;)

Talking Poker 01-17-06 02:49 PM

Decent idea... I'm not sure that we need a Sticky thread for it though. I suppose if there is enough interest...

kmb13592 01-17-06 03:28 PM

My bankroll is not big but I would definately play.

Govman6767 01-17-06 03:45 PM

Heh Zy and TP I'm sure your bankrolls are higher than my yearly salary at work which is about 50k :) I was just using you as an example as you are well known.

I just think we could set this up and have fun with it.
And if it gets out of hand we just stop it :)

MAYHEM45 01-17-06 05:09 PM

Well me and JD played in an sng last nite, and it was me and him in the final two. Needless to say, I got schooled.

I will challenge anyone here headsup up to 50 bones. Whos got the balls?

Zybomb 01-17-06 05:10 PM

lol, TP maybe.... Im far from 50K tho... thatd be nice...

Zybomb 01-17-06 05:12 PM

PS: Why not get another HU tournament going on? We can do it on Bugsy Club, and maybe even have a 5-10 buck entry fee for each person? Or free again whatever

I managed to get 2nd place in the first one, and lose in the second round to the eventual winner (or finalist) bdawg (i cant remember if he or JD won it)

Talking Poker 01-17-06 07:11 PM

I'll take you on later tonight.

Thanks for the $50.

Talking Poker 01-17-06 07:12 PM

I'll tell you why.... because it was a royal pain in my ass getting people to actually play each other within an entire WEEK per round.

I love the idea, but hate the hassle.

PShabi 01-17-06 08:03 PM

I'll help organize it.

It'll be $5 or $10 pregame transfer and we'll play on Bugsy's.

- You have a week to play the game (mon-sun). The results must be PMed to me by 10 PM Sunday night.

- We'll make a thread for people who don't have their game completed by 9:45 PM on Sunday night. If you post in the thread between 9:45 - 10:00 PM and your opponent doesn't, you win via forfeit. If neither posts, they both forfeit. If they both show, then they play right then.

With people putting money up ahead of time and me being a total dick about it, we'll stay on schedule.

Talking Poker 01-17-06 08:24 PM

A few things:

1. We could hardly get 32 people to play for free. We can hardly get 10 people to join the league. How in the world do you think we're going to get 32 people to pony up cash for this?

2. Wha t if someone is available ALL WEEK LONG, except for after 9:00 on Sunday when their opponent is available. Hardly seems fair to make them forfeit. That's the type of thing I hated so much before - trying to figure out who was "more available" or whatever.

FWIW - if you get this going, you KNOW I'm in.

PShabi 01-17-06 08:33 PM

Well, in college intramurals it worked fine. Say tennis for instance, I gotta play so and so. The office would give you your opponents name and number and you'd have a week to get in contact with them and get a match set up. The deadline was 6:30 AM so you had to be at the facility at that time to claim your win if you hadn't played yet. People generally played during the week.

With $$$$ down, I think people will be motivated to play during the time period. And you are way to diplomatic. You set the rules, if people pony up the cash, theny they're accepting the rules. If they don't follow them, they lose.

And it doesn't have to be 32 people. Save it for the big dogs and we get 8 or more and I'd be happy.

HEwong 01-17-06 08:33 PM

bugsys as in poker pages..

PShabi 01-17-06 08:36 PM

Yeah, they have free headsup games with nice chip stacks. We play the headsup tourneys there, because in the past TP just gave out prizes and it was a freeroll.

Talking Poker 01-17-06 08:39 PM

Ok, works for me. You're in charge.

HEwong 01-17-06 09:23 PM

count me out then them bitches at poker pages banned me a long time ago. dont remeber what for ..but im banned there

Talking Poker 01-17-06 09:48 PM

Begging for money via PM?

Just a guess.

HEwong 01-17-06 09:52 PM

never begged on there.

Talking Poker 01-17-06 10:19 PM

Just a guess, since that's why you are very, very close to being banned here.

And you wonder why you get negative rep from people.

HEwong 01-17-06 10:22 PM

so..wait im getting closed to being banned on here for begging?

Talking Poker 01-17-06 10:23 PM

Yup. That's what happens when you break the rules.

HEwong 01-17-06 10:25 PM

oh. aight. sorry then

MAYHEM45 01-18-06 12:31 AM

Dammit TP, where did you go?

Talking Poker 01-18-06 12:38 AM

Was waiting around all night for your sorry ass.