The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   SPAM (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Poker Cheat program (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6595)

poker-cheat 05-08-06 03:58 PM

Poker Cheat program

Edited Summary: This guy has a program that lets you see other peoples cards --

(the latest ones that Ive heard about include being able to SWITCH your cards to any two you'd like! -- dont worry if someone else has that card it'll let you know!)

go to his website ********.scam

studiopet 05-08-06 04:14 PM

I give this post less than 6 minutes of being left up here....

jillaj 05-08-06 04:16 PM

What language is that written in?

Boobie Lover 05-08-06 04:22 PM

Retard.

jillaj 05-08-06 05:18 PM

Suprised that I had such a tough time reading it.

Spuddy 05-08-06 06:35 PM

Is this legit?

eejit101 05-08-06 07:30 PM

ill give you a clue.

no

Talking Poker 05-08-06 09:26 PM

I was wondering who the first to ask this question would be.

How does this not surprise me? :rolleyes:

Spuddy 05-09-06 12:39 PM

I meant is this legit as in should I be WATCHING for a cheat.....

I would NEVER ever cheat, I love this game too much

I should have clarified that before I received some - rep.......

Talking Poker 05-09-06 12:52 PM

And I meant....... how in the world could something like this be legit? (Obviously, it can't be). I wonder who will be the first to ask if it is.

Never though you might want to use it... just observing that you even thought it was a possibility.

Spuddy 05-09-06 01:05 PM

You honestly never know now a days.....

Somehow there must honestly be a glitch in poker software or it is written in there somewhere.

For example, during pokerstars replays every players whole cards are always shown. This leads me to believe that it might be possible, is it unlikely? Yes, but possible.....

Talking Poker 05-09-06 01:28 PM

Ummmm.... no. That's REPLAYING old Hands where all the cards are known.

When you are playing live (at least at any of the legit sites), the data about your opponents' cards is not being sent to your computer - encrypted or not. It's held on the server side. All you are sent is your information. So, barring hacking into the poker site's servers or instaling a web cam in your opponents' houses (GL with that), there is no way for you to access their hole cards.

fluxer 05-10-06 11:47 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was technically possible to intercept incoming TCP packets (or whatever they're called) and decrypt them on an untracable (to the poker site) linux box connected to the same hub as the windows box.

You said the other players cards data is contained on the server, but I wouldn't be surprised if that data was being sent to the computer before opponents hole cards are actually revealed. What did you read or hear about that led you to believe that your computer only receives data from the poker sever once opponent cards are required to be revealed?

With that said, I'm 99.9% sure there are no cheating programs right now, and wont be in the near future. If there is such a program, I'm guessing there's probably some engineer geek in Germany (seems right; more obscure than the U.S., lol) that has skin as pale as a ghost who's raking in millions raping people at online poker -- obviously they would never tell anyone else about it (let alone sell it), but would rather make as much money as possible before getting caught.

fluxer 05-10-06 11:48 AM

Common sense people.

Talking Poker 05-10-06 12:24 PM

I don't remember exactly when or where I've read that that's how it works, but I have. And more importantly, think about it from a design/coding point of view. WHY IN THE WORLD would you send that information to everyone at the table? That would open a potentially HUGE security hole. I think it's obvious that this information shouldn't be transmitted until the showdown - similar to how the flop info shouldn't be transmitted until the flop, and how much Opponent A bets on the turn until he's made his turn bet (etc, etc, etc, etc, etc). There is simply no reason to send out this information prematurely, encrypted or not. That would make zero sense.

bdawg31 05-10-06 04:01 PM

conspiracy theory

I think the main reason that TP is denying so strongly that this type of software exists is that he is planning on using it in the TP league and all future TP tournaments and events.

studiopet 05-10-06 05:36 PM

Next time your playing, put ethereal on your pc/laptop (freeware) and sniff the packets coming to your PC. See what you are getting sent to your machine. *shrug*

I may do it tonite just to see......

slaughter9 05-25-06 08:18 PM

I think it may be possible. But I'd hate playing someone who would be cheating like that if it is possible. :eek: