The TalkingPoker.com Forum

The TalkingPoker.com Forum (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The World Awaits... (http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10836)

Zybomb 05-04-07 02:24 AM

The World Awaits...

De La Hoya / Mayweather....

Discuss

JDMcNugent7 05-04-07 03:27 AM

UFC took over

Zybomb 05-04-07 03:32 AM

I'll make a separate one for Liddell / Jackson when it's closer

melioris 05-04-07 07:49 AM

De La Hoya in a late round KO. Should be a battle.

eejit101 05-04-07 09:25 AM

if calzaghe/hatton/harrison/khan arent in it, i dont care:)

de la hoya ftw tho

bunny 05-04-07 09:29 AM

Is de la Hoya the one who bit the ear off another boxer? :o

If not, who was it?

I hope I didn't imagine reading about this? lol

eejit101 05-04-07 09:29 AM

mike tyson bit off evander holyfields ear.

Reel Deal 05-04-07 09:38 AM

OH

MY

GOD

:eek:

Reel Deal 05-04-07 09:40 AM

De La Hoya is going to get his ass whipped... and Mayweather is going to tell him about it throughout the entire ass whoppin'.

jillaj 05-04-07 09:49 AM

I hope it ends with them both knocking each other out. Kinda like the end of whatever Rcoky that happened in.

bunny 05-04-07 10:10 AM

I am not a boxer fan, but I do read the paper (now & then :rolleyes:) and I do remember reading about the ear biting, but don't recall who it was.

side note: **If I ask you what style of shoes are in fashion this year, and you don't guess it right, I too can say OH MY GOD, right? :rolleyes: :D

Talking Poker 05-04-07 12:45 PM

LOL.... I actually said pretty much exactly this (same timing and everything) when I read her post... I scroll down a but, and there it is. Too funny. :D

Talking Poker 05-04-07 12:51 PM

Sure, if that's something that 95% of people in the world know the answer too.

I would compare this (not knowing who did the ear biting) to not knowing what former professional football player murdered was accused of murdering his wife back in 95 or so.... You know, the one who went on that big slow speed chase in the white Bronco with the entire world watching. O.J. something, I think...............

Then again, I found out earlier this year that there are people (I'm trying not to be sexist) in this world who don't know what a "Quarterback's" job is, so obviously I have a warped view of women following professional sports. In other words, does a QB: 1. Kick a ball, 2. Throw a ball, or 3. Catch a ball? And yes, I have seen otherwise intelligent women not be able to answer this question. :eek: :eek: :eek:

bunny 05-04-07 01:09 PM

I would choose 2 (Throw a ball)

As for the OJ case, the whole court hearing & judgement was televised; so I don't believe it is the same as the ear biting event.

Talking Poker 05-04-07 01:15 PM

Maybe not the best comparison, but the Tyson thing was pretty big news. It was definitely televised - about a million times, over and over and over.

In fact, since we are YouTubing fools today:
-
-

bunny 05-04-07 01:20 PM

I don't need to view the match itself, I knew it was a boxer, I simply could not remember his name.

I will stay away from the sports section threads.

Talking Poker 05-04-07 01:27 PM

*sigh* Typical bunny response.

Why not just watch the clips? I've been watching Tyson clips since I posted the links above. Good stuff. The guy was one of a kind.

Watching him fight was great, but listening to him talk was always an experience too. I mean, WTF - listen to this guy!!!

Zybomb 05-04-07 01:45 PM

My response as well.

More so bunny, bc De La Hoya is the "good guy" of boxing. You know, never been in a street fight, well spoken, humble, polite, respectful etc etc. Mike Tyson is the opposite, a street thug without a care in the world (and a few marbles short upstairs) who will "eat the childrens of his opponent" and "wants his opponents heart". So to think De La Hoya did something that Tyson did is just hilarious after the "Oh MY God"

Here is a link to some of Tysons interviewers for your viewing pleasure for further examples (this is funny)

Edit: didnt see TPs link sorry repost

bunny 05-04-07 02:22 PM

Oh Mon Dieu!

OH MY GOD! :eek: He is such a sexist, disgusting, abusive pig!

Dodoubled 05-04-07 02:28 PM

Actually, I was hoping to see one for Liddell/Johnny Drama, too ...

Seriously, though, who's buying the fight? I'll be at a party that night, so we'll see. I'll certainly pay my share.
FWIW: It's $54.95 plus fees.

Zybomb 05-04-07 02:42 PM

I have work tomorrow night, but a few friends are ordering the fight, so im hoping to be out in time for the main event. The undercard looks fairly lame, so I dont mind missing that.

Reel Deal 05-04-07 03:03 PM

Absolutely. :cheers:

BTW, my guess is flip-flops?

bunny 05-04-07 03:08 PM

LOL

Would be wrong, but nice try. :cheers:

Talking Poker 05-04-07 03:20 PM

Yes.... the exact opposite of De La Hoya - the og boxing.

bunny 05-04-07 03:33 PM

Oh la la

Oh mon Dieu! Il est absolument formidable...comme il est beau. :thumbsup:

I choose him to win, when is this fight? Tomorrow night? I will try to watch it.

**I am now a fan of Golden Boy Hoya! ;)